Tuesday 6 October 1953
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tom LaBonge and Klaas Bruinsma.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Mogambo, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Beyond This Place by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Man Behind the Badge.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1953 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Tom LaBonge: American politician, a city councilor for Los Angeles first elected in October 2001.
- Klaas Bruinsma: Dutch drug lord (d. 1991).
- Rein Rannap: Estonian pianist and composer.
- Raul Rebane: Estonian journalist and author.
- Porter Hall: Actor (Half-Breed, Double Indenity), dies at 64.
- WTVM TV channel 9 in Columbus, Georgia (ABC) begins broadcasting
- United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) made a permanent specialized agency of the United Nations.
- Konrad Adenauer is re-elected as German chancellor.
- The Guyanese constitution is suspended.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1953
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Stan Freberg - St. George and the Dragonet
- Ricochet (Rick-O-Shay) - Teresa Brewer
- The Velvet Glove - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra (Henri Rene - accordion)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?