Sunday 18 October 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Patrick Declerck and Loes Luca.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Power Of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ponds Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 18 October 1953 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Patrick Declerck: Belgian anthropologist, psychoanalyst, author.
- Loes Luca: Dutch actress and singer.
- Willie Thrower becomes 1st black NFL quarterback in modern times
- WLJT TV channel 11 in Lexington, TN (PBS) begins broadcasting
- WTVK TV channel 26 in Knoxville, TN (NBC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?