Friday 23 October 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 23, 1953). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arielle Boulin-Prat and Alex Gibney.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Calamity Jane, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while Too Late The Phalarope by Alan Paton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Teatr telewizji.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 October 1953
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1953 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Arielle Boulin-Prat
- Alex Gibney
- Puisseguin road crash
- Taner Akçam: Turkish sociologist and historian.
- German FR applies to NATO
- WTRF TV channel 7 in Wheeling-Steubenville, WV (CBS) 1st broadcast
- The Philippines' DZAQ-TV3 (now ABS-CBN) makes its initial telecast, becoming Asia's first commercial television broadcaster.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?