Friday 23 October 1953
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arielle Boulin-Prat and Puisseguin road crash.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while A Man Called Peter by Catherine Marshall was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The United States Steel Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1953!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 October 1953 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Arielle Boulin-Prat
- Puisseguin road crash
- Alex Gibney
- Taner Akçam: Turkish sociologist and historian.
- German FR applies to NATO
- WTRF TV channel 7 in Wheeling-Steubenville, WV (CBS) 1st broadcast
- The Philippines' DZAQ-TV3 (now ABS-CBN) makes its initial telecast, becoming Asia's first commercial television broadcaster.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?