Thursday 8 October 1953
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Dudikoff and Diana Mukpo.
In UK Look At That Girl by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Heat, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Spirit Of St. Louis by Charles Lindbergh was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ponds Theater.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1953!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1953 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Michael Dudikoff: Redondo Beach, California -- Actor (Star of the Family).
- Diana Mukpo: English writer.
- Robert Saxton: English composer and educator.
- WTAP TV channel 15 in Parkersburg-Marietta, WV (NBC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1953 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Stan Freberg - St. George and the Dragonet
- Ricochet (Rick-O-Shay) - Teresa Brewer
- The Velvet Glove - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra (Henri Rene - accordion)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?