Monday 8 April 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Spound in Santa Monica and Stephen Bruder.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Butterfly by Andy Williams.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
12 Angry Men, directed by Sidney Lumet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Silent Service.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1957!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1957 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Michael Spound in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (Dave - Hotel).
- Stephen Bruder: American jockey.
- Andrea Ypsilanti: Andrea Ypsilanti is a German politician.
- Anthony Michaels-Moore: English opera singer.
- Fred Smerlas: American football player and radio host.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 April 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?