Friday 8 August 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris[sie Boy] Foreman and Harry Crosby in Los Angeles.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1958 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Chris[sie Boy] Foreman: Rock guitarist (Madness).
- Harry Crosby in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Friday the 13th).
- Harry Crosby: American actor and the first son of Bing Crosby's second family with his second wife, Kathryn Grant.
- Francis Lalanne: French-Uruguayan pop singer, songwriter, and comedian (theater).
- Thierry Mariani: French politician of Italian origin, Secretary of State for Transport for the Minister of Ecology, Sustainable development, Transport and Housing Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet in the François Fillon III government from November 2010 to May 2012, and a member of the Union for a Popular Movement UMP.
- Deborah Norville: News anchor (Today Show, Inside Edition)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?