Sunday 24 August 1958
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Steve Guttenberg in Brooklyn and Tracy Harris.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare) by Domenico Modugno.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Concentration.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 24 August 1958 ?
- Liberia: Flag Day
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Bartholomew
- Roman festivals - first of the 3 days on which the mundus was opened
- Ukraine: National Holiday, independence from Russia (1991)
- Sierra Leone: President's Birthday
- Steve Guttenberg in Brooklyn: New York, USA; actor (Police Academy, Short Circuit).
- Tracy Harris: American artist.
- Steve Guttenberg: American actor and producer.
- Chris Offutt: American author and academic.
- Fay Crocker wins LPGA Waterloo Golf Open
- Sergei Popov wins Stockholm marathon (2:15:17.0) (WR)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?