Wednesday 6 August 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Francken and Randy DeBarge.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Poor Little Fool by Ricky Nelson.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while A Summer Place by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 6 August 1958 ?
- Jamaica - Independence Day
- Roman Catholicism - several feasts, including those of at least 3 saints: Feast of the Transfiguration of Christ
- St. Joachim (father of St. Mary, according to Catholic tradition)
- St. Juatus
- St. Pastor
- Bolivia - Independence Day
- United Arab Emirates - H.H. Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan's Accession Day
- Japan - Toro Nagashi (Hiroshima) - Floating lantern ceremony to honor those killed by the U.S. atomic bomb in Hiroshima.
- St. Xystus/Sixtus
- Simon Francken: Dutch bassist (Ivy Green).
- Randy DeBarge: American singer-songwriter and bass player (DeBarge).
- US performs atmospheric nuclear test at Johnston Island
- Glenn Davis sets record of 49.2s in 400-metre hurdles.
- Australian athlete Herb Elliott clips almost three seconds off the world record for the mile run at Santry Stadium, Dublin, recording a time of 3 minutes 54.5 seconds.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?