Thursday 28 August 1958
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Scott Hamilton and Scott Scovell Hamilton.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Little Star by The Elegants.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while The Northern Light by A.J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Abendschau.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 August 1958!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 August 1958 ?
- Many Christian churches: feast day of Saint Augustine of Hippo.
- Hong Kong: Liberation Day (1945)
- Scott Hamilton: American ice skater, a superlative Olympic figure skater known for his fancy footwork, the blurring speed of his spins and his trademark back flip.
- Scott Scovell Hamilton: Toledo, Ohio -- Ice skater (1984 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Scott Hamilton in Toledo: Ohio, USA; figure skating champion (Olympic-gold-1984).
- Whip Hubley: American actor.
- Nikolay Semyonovich Golovanov: Composer, dies at 67.
- Nellie Fox sets record for consecutive games without striking out (98)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- Peggy Lee - Fever
- Kalin Twins - When
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?