Friday 29 August 1958
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Jackson in Gary and Lenny Henry.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Little Star by The Elegants.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Abendschau.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1958 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Michael Jackson in Gary: Indiana, USA singer (Thriller, Billie Jean, Beat It, Bad).
- Lenny Henry: British black comedian of TV, specializing in comic characterizations and his own impersonations of famous entertainers.
- Michael Jackson: American singer, dancer and exceptionally talented entertainer.
- Air Force Academy opens in Colorado Springs, Colorado
- George Harrison joins Quarrymen (Lennon-McCartney-Best-Sutcliffe)
- United States Air Force Academy opens in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 August 1958
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Elegants - Little Star
- Domenico Modugno - Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)
- The Everly Brothers - Bird Dog
- Jimmy Clanton - Just A Dream
- Jack Scott - My True Love
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Peggy Lee - Fever
- Poni-Tails - Born Too Late
- Kalin Twins - When
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?