Tuesday July 08, 1902
US date format: 7/8/1902, UK date format: 8/7/1902
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 8, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 08, 1902?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- John McGraw, accused by Ban Johnson of trying to wreck Baltimore and Washington clubs, negotiates his release from the Orioles
- Service of Reclamation within U.S. Geological Survey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 08, 1902?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home
- J. Aldrich Libbey - On a Sunday Afternoon