Friday 11 July 1902
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leo Collard and Samuel Abraham Goldsmith.
Jack and the Beanstalk, directed by George S. Fleming, Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1902!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1902 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Leo Collard: Belgian Minister of Education (1946 / 54-58).
- Samuel Abraham Goldsmith: Dutch / US phycist.
- Rolf Widerøe: Norwegian accelerator physicist who was the originator of many particle acceleration concepts, including the resonance accelerator and the betatron accelerator.
- British Premier Lord Salisbury resigns
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1902 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On a Sunday Afternoon - J. Aldrich Libbey
- Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home - Arthur Collins