Friday July 11, 1902
US date format: 7/11/1902, UK date format: 11/7/1902
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1902). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Robert Gascoyne-Cecil (Conservative), Pope Leo XIII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Leo Collard and Samuel Abraham Goldsmith.
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1902?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- British Premier Lord Salisbury resigns
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 11, 1902?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins - Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home
- J. Aldrich Libbey - On a Sunday Afternoon