Thursday 10 July 1902
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred-Joseph Atton and G Weisenborn.
Street Scene, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1902
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 July 1902
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1902!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1902 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- G Weisenborn: Writer.
- Alfred-Joseph Atton: French prelate, who served as Bishop of Langres from 1964 to 1975.
- Nicolas Guillen: Cuban poet, journalist, political activist, and writer.
- Günther Weisenborn: German physician, playwright, novelist, philosopher and fighter in the German Resistance against Nazism.
- Kurt Alder: German chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1958).
- Nicolás Guillén: Cuban poet journalist and activist (d. 1989).
- Albert FA: King of Saxon (1873-1902), dies at 74.
- The Rolling Mill Mine disaster in Johnstown, PA kills 112 miners.
- Lord Salisbury retires as British prime minister.
- The Order of the Garter is conferred on Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1902 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- On a Sunday Afternoon - J. Aldrich Libbey
- Bill Bailey, Won't You Please Come Home - Arthur Collins