Wednesday 8 July 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louis Schweitzer and Georges Ginesta.
Crossroads, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1942 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Louis Schweitzer: Swiss business executive, the CEO of Renault Automobiles which he joined in 1988.
- Georges Ginesta
- Pier Luigi Celli
- Philip Gramm
- Janice Pennington: Kansas, United States -- Playmate (May 1971) / model (Price is Right).
- Paul Six: American astrologer, author of the book.
- Phil Gramm: American politician and educator, a former economics professor.
- Pier Celli: Italian television and radio executive, named the General Manager of RAI on 2/03/1988.
- Catherinus Elling: Composer, dies at 83.
- Turkish prime minister Refik Saydam died while working in office. For one day he is succeeded by Ahmet Fikri Tüzer