Monday 8 June 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1981). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alex Band and Dasha Zhukova.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
For Your Eyes Only, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Reflex by Dick Francis was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Okres na severu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing K-Razy Shoot-Out or Round-Up.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1981
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1981 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Alex Band: American musician.
- Dasha Zhukova
- Redaric Williams
- Jess Weixler: American actress.
- Larisa Oleynik: Actress.
- Sara Watkins: American singer-songwriter and fiddler (Nickel Creek The Decemberists and Works Progress Administration).
- Anna Kournikova: Athlete.
- Matteo Meneghello: Italian race car driver.
- Ai Nonaka: Japanese voice actress.
- 15th Music City News Country Awards: Mandrell Sisters
- Seattle Mariners draft Mike Moore #1
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Neil Diamond - America
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Franke & The Knockouts - Sweetheart
Top #10 R&B songs
- Rick James - Give It To Me Baby
- Chaka Khan - What Cha' Gonna Do For Me
- Stephanie Mills - Two Hearts
- Ray Parker Jr. & Raydio - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- The Gap Band - Yearning For Your Love
- Shalamar - Make That Move
- Change - Paradise
- A Taste Of Honey - Sukiyaki
- Frankie Smith - Double Dutch Bus
- Stanley Clarke/George Duke - Sweet Baby
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?