Tuesday 8 June 1982
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Irina Lazareanu and Matteo Barbini.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
Firefox, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Man From St. Petersburg by Ken Follett was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Communist Mutants from Space or Space Cavern.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1982 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Irina Lazareanu: Romanian/Canadian model.
- Matteo Barbini: Italian rugby player.
- Michael Cammalleri: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Dickson Etuhu: Nigerian footballer.
- Irina Lăzăreanu: Romanian-Canadian model and singer.
- Nadia Petrova: Russian tennis player
- 36th NBA Championship: LA Lakers beat Philadelphia 76ers, 4 games to 2
- Brazilian B-727 flight crashes into mountain; 135 die
- Emmy 9th Daytime Award presentation - Susan Lucci loses for 3rd time
- Reagan addresses joint session of British Parliament
- President Ronald Reagan becomes the first American chief executive to address a joint session of the British Parliament.
- Bluff Cove Air Attacks during the Falklands War: 56 British servicemen are killed by Argentine air attack on two landing ships : RFA Sir Galahad and RFA Sir Tristram.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 June 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- Rick Springfield - Don't Talk To Strangers
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Toto - Rosanna
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Tommy Tutone - 867-5309/Jenny
- Deniece Williams - It's Gonna Take A Miracle
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?