Saturday 13 June 1981
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Evans and Mick Fanning.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Being With You by Smokey Robinson was in the top 5 hits.
The Cannonball Run, directed by Hal Needham, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Gorky Park by Martin Cruz Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Can Jump Puddles.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colony 7 or Pyramid of Doom.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1981 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Chris Evans: American actor and director, best-known for his roles in Marvel Comics movie adaptations of "The Fantastic Four", "Captain America" and "The Avengers".
- Mick Fanning: Australian professional surfer and dual world champion.
- Shanna Ferrigno: American actress, from noted family, the daughter of actor Lou Ferrigno and his wife Carla, birth weight nine pounds two ounces.
- Daryl Blonder: American actor and author (d. 2012).
- Blake Judd: American actor director and producer.
- 39 Unification church couples wed in Germany
- Teenager fires 6 blanks at Queen Elizabeth II
- Tom Snyder interviews Charles Manson on Tomorrow
- In Salem, Oregon, USA a building is hit by a falling meteorite.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- George Harrison - All Those Years Ago
- Neil Diamond - America
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Franke & The Knockouts - Sweetheart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?