Thursday 8 November 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Géraldine Lapalus and Dania Ramírez.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Heartache Tonight by Eagles.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Cruel Shoes by Steve Martin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Warrior or Super Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 November 1979 ?
- Géraldine Lapalus
- Dania Ramírez
- Totò Cascio: Italian film and television actor who won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 1990 for his role in "Nuovo Cinema Paradiso" ("New Paradise Cinema"), internationally released as "Cinema Paradiso" (1988).
- Dania Ramirez: Dominican actress.
- Andrea Benatti: Italian rugby player.
- Aaron Hughes: Northern Irish footballer.
- ABC broadcasts Iran Crisis: American Held Hostage with Frank Reynolds (forerunner to Nightline)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?