Thursday 8 November 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Totò Cascio and Dania Ramirez.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Heartache Tonight by Eagles.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Starhawk or Beam Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 November 1979!
Which were the important events of 8 November 1979 ?
- Totò Cascio: Italian film and television actor who won the BAFTA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 1990 for his role in "Nuovo Cinema Paradiso" ("New Paradise Cinema"), internationally released as "Cinema Paradiso" (1988).
- Dania Ramirez: Dominican actress.
- Andrea Benatti: Italian rugby player.
- Aaron Hughes: Northern Irish footballer.
- ABC broadcasts Iran Crisis: American Held Hostage with Frank Reynolds (forerunner to Nightline)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 November 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?