Friday 23 November 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly Brook and Ivica Kostelic.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to No More Tears (Enough Is Enough) by Barbra Streisand.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Day The Bubble Burst by Gordon Thomas and Max Morgan-Witts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Tail Gunner or Warrior.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 November 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 November 1979 ?
- Slovenia - Rudolf Maister Day
- Japan - Kinro kansha no hi (Labour Thanksgiving Day)
- Georgia - St George's Day
- R.C. Saints - Pope Clement I, Saint Columban
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Qawl (Speech) - First day of the 14th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Kelly Brook: English model, actress and television presenter best known for her role in the 2010 horror comedy remake, Piranha 3D.
- Ivica Kostelic
- Jonathan Sadowski: TV Actor.
- Hiroaki Iwanaga: Japanese model and actor.
- Nihat Kahveci: Turkish footballer and manager.
- Ivica Kostelić: Croatian skier.
- Merle Oberon: Eurasian-American actress who appeared in over 20 films including "The Private Life of Henry VIII," 1933, "Over The Moon," 1937, "The Divorce of Lady X," 1938 and who was nominated for an Academy Award for best actress in "Dark Angel," 1935.
- Judee Sill: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1979).
- In Dublin, Ireland, Provisional Irish Republican Army member Thomas McMahon is sentenced to life in prison for the assassination of Lord Mountbatten.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?