Wednesday 7 November 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jon Peter Lewis and Amy Purdy.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Heartache Tonight by Eagles.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Datestones of Ryn or Monaco GP.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1979!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1979 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jon Peter Lewis: American singer.
- Amy Purdy: Snowboarder.
- Barney Harwood: English television presenter.
- Mike Commodore: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Will Demps: American football player.
- Danny Fonseca: Costa Rican footballer
- Jon Lewis: American singer-songwriter and actor
- Joey Ryan: American professional wrestler
- Otep Shamaya: American singer-songwriter and actress (Otep)
- Cub reliever Bruce Sutter wins NL Cy Young Award
- U.S. Senator Edward Moore Kennedy announces that he will challenge President Jimmy Carter for the 1980 Democratic presidential nomination.
- The Carl Bridgewater murder trial ends with all 4 men found guilty. James Robinson, 45, and 25-year-old Vincent Hickey are sentenced to life imprisonment with a recommended 25-year minimum for murder. 18-year-old Michael Hickey is also found guilty of murder and sentenced to indefinite detention. Patrick Molloy, 53, is found guilty on a lesser charge of manslaughter and sentenced to 12 years in prison.
- Nuclear false alarm: the NORAD computers and the Alternate National Military Command Center in Fort Ritchie, Maryland detected purported massive Soviet nuclear strike. After reviewing the raw data from satellites and checking the early warning radars, the alert was cancelled. False Alarms on the Nuclear Front
- Iran hostage crisis: In response to the hostage situation in Tehran, U.S. President Jimmy Carter orders a halt to all oil imports into the United States from Iran.
- Süleyman Demirel, of AP forms the new government of Turkey (43rd government, a minority government)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 November 1979
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?