Sunday 11 November 1979, Veteran's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Radivoje Bukvic and Raima Sen.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Heartache Tonight by Eagles.
In UK When You're In Love With A Beautiful Woman by Dr Hook was in the top 5 hits.
Die Spinnen, 2. Teil - Das Brillantenschiff, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while How You Can Become Financially Independent By Investing In Real Estate by Albert J. Lowry was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enchanted Castle.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Starhawk or Auto Racing.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 November 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 11 November 1979 ?
- Colombia - Independence of Cartagena, from the Spanish Army in (1918)
- Remembrance Day in the Commonwealth of Nations, including United Kingdom, Australia and Canada.
- Lacplesis' Day (1919) in Latvia: the official date for commemoration of Latvian soldiers, who had died for the country's freedom.
- Armistice Day in France and Belgium: end of World War I (1918)
- Poland - Independence Day (1918)
- R.C. Saints - Martin of Tours
- Angola - Independence Day (1975)
- Opening of carnival season in Germany ("Karneval"/"Fasching" on 11-11, at 11:11), the Netherlands, and other countries
- Also see November 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Veterans Day (Formerly "Armistice Day")
- South Korea - Pepero Day
- Dimitri Tiomkin: Ukrainian-American composer and conductor (d. 1979).
- Boston Court issues occupancy permit for Cambridge Buddhist Center
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 11 November 1979
- Atlanta Falcons - New York Giants : 3 - 24
- Baltimore Colts - Miami Dolphins : 0 - 19
- Buffalo Bills - New York Jets : 14 - 12
- Los Angeles Rams - Chicago Bears : 23 - 27
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?