Thursday 8 October 1931
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Mahler Dam and Paul Dam.
Susan Lenox <Her Fall and Rise>, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 October 1931 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Paul Mahler Dam
- Paul Dam: Danish astrologer since 1975, a full time pro; lecturer, teacher, and writer, educated in electronics.
- Bill Brown: Scottish-Canadian footballer (d. 2004).
- Sir John Monash: Australian soldier general (Born 1865).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?