Saturday 24 October 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sofia Gubaidulina and Moya Magnani.
Platinum Blonde, directed by Frank R. Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Shadows on the Rock by Willa Cather was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 October 1931 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Sofia Gubaidulina: Russian-German pianist and composer.
- Moya Magnani: Italian politician who served as the Exponent of PSI and was elected mayor of Torino on 7/20/1987.
- Sofiya Asgatovna Gubaydulina: Composer.
- Henri Giraudon: French sommelier at the 'Maison Troisgros' restaurant.
- Roger Verplaetse: Belgium sport Champion.
- Ken Utsui: Japanese actor (d. 2014).
- Gangster Al Capone is sentenced to 11 years for tax evasion
- George Washington Bridge connecting New York to New Jersey opens
- The George Washington Bridge connecting New York to New Jersey is dedicated.
- The George Washington Bridge is dedicated it opens to traffic the following day.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?