Friday 23 October 1931
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Dors [Fluck] and Jim Bunning American baseball player (Philadelphia Phillies pitcher.
Susan Lenox <Her Fall and Rise>, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1931!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1931 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Diana Dors [Fluck]: Swindon, England -- Actress (Berserk!, Steaming).
- Jim Bunning American baseball player (Philadelphia Phillies pitcher: perfect game against New York Mets 1965), US Senator.
- William P Clark: American jurist, and 44th United States Secretary of the Interior.
- William Clark: American attorney, a close personal friend of Ronald Reagan and appointed by Reagan to seven different government jobs over a period of years.
- Diana Dors: British actress with an ample bosom who often played a good-time-girl.
- Jim Bunning: American baseball player and politician
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?