Monday 6 December 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Smith in London and Mike Smith.
The Spider Woman, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
while A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Voice of Firestone Televues.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1943!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1943 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Mike Smith in London: England; rocker/pianist (Dave Clark 5 - "Glad All Over").
- Mike Smith: English singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (The Dave Clark Five) (d. 2008).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?