Sunday 18 October 1931
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Peyrat and Catharina I "Ien" Dales.
Susan Lenox <Her Fall and Rise>, directed by Greta Garbo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ruth Kerner.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 October 1931 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Jacques Peyrat
- Catharina I "Ien" Dales: Dutch Internal Minister (1989-94).
- Ien Dales: Dutch Labour politician with an unconventional, no nonsense style.
- Chris Albertson: Icelandic-American historian journalist and producer.
- Roger Climpson: English-Australian journalist.
- Thomas Alva Edison: American inventor, dies in West Orange, New Jersey, USA at age 84.
- Thomas Edison: American inventor who patented over a thousand inventions that included an electric voice recorder, 1868, a phonograph, 1877, an incandescent electric lamp, 1879, a movie projector, 1891 and a talking motion picture in 1913, an incredible creative genius.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?