Wednesday 8 October 1930US date format: 10/8/1930, UK date format: 8/10/1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Louis E Azzato and Toru Takemitsu.
The Silver Horde, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1930 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Louis E Azzato
- Toru Takemitsu: Japanese composer, dies at age 65 (born 1930).
- Cosetta Greco: Italian film actress, who appeared in 31 films between 1943 and 1971.
- Pepper Adams: American saxophonist and composer (The Thad Jones/Mel Lewis Orchestra) (d. 1986).
- James Olsen: Evanston, Illinois -- Actor (Andromeda Strain, Spell).
- Faith Ringgold: American painter and activist.
- Alasdair Milne: Indian-English director and producer (d. 2013).
- Louis Azzato: American technical engineer and CEO of Foster Wheeler, a construction company that survived the recession of 1991 fairly well.
- Philadelphia Athletics beat Saint Louis Cardinals, four games to two in 27th World Series.