Monday 9 April 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Freddie Joe and John Eaves.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1962 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Freddie Joe: Nunn; NFL defensive end (Indianapolis Colts).
- John Eaves: American production designer and illustrator.
- Ihor Podolchak: Ukrainian director producer and screenwriter.
- Imran Sherwani: English field hockey player.
- Jeff Turner: American basketball player coach and sportscaster.
- Juan Belmonte: Spanish bullfighter, considered by many to have been the greatest matador of all time.
- 34th Academy Awards - West Side Story, Sophia Loren and Max Schell win.
- 26th Golf Masters Championship: Arnold Palmer wins, shooting a 280.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?