Sunday 29 April 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Druppers and Bruce Driver in Toronto.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
War Hunt, directed by Denis Sanders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1962 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Robert Druppers: runner (world record 1 km indoor).
- Bruce Driver in Toronto: Ontario, Canada; NHL defenseman (New York Rangers).
- Dieter Hegen in Kaufbeuren: Germany; hockey forward (Team Germany 1998).
- Michel Angely: French-Belgian actor and comedian, appeared in over 735 films since 1990, according to his linkedin-profile, mostly in minor roles.
- Bruce Driver: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Rob Druppers: Dutch runner
- 16th Tony Awards: Man For All Seasons and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying win.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Twist, Twist Senora
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?