Sunday 9 April 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Kelly in Dublin and Kirk McCaskill in Kapuskasing.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Blue Moon by The Marcels.
In UK Wooden Heart by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, directed by Karel Reisz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Dr. Tom Dooley'S Three Great Books by Dr. Tom Dooley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Viendo a Biondi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1961!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 April 1961 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Mark Kelly in Dublin: Ireland; rock keyboardist (Marillion - "Real to Reel").
- Kirk McCaskill in Kapuskasing: Ontario, Canada; pitcher (Chicago White Sox).
- Mark Kelly: Irish keyboard player (Marillion and DeeExpus).
- Kirk McCaskill: Canadian-American baseball and hockey player.
- The Pacific Electric Railway in Los Angeles, once the largest electric railway in the world, ends operations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Marcels - Blue Moon
- Jorgen Ingmann and His Guitar - Apache
- Elvis Presley - Surrender
- Chubby Checker - Pony Time
- The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love
- Marty Robbins - Don't Worry
- Floyd Cramer - On The Rebound
- The Everly Brothers - Walk Right Back
- Del Shannon - Runaway
- Clarence Frogman Henry - But I Do
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?