Sunday 15 April 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nawal El Moutawakel and Surjit Bindrakhia.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Johnny Angel by Shelley Fabares.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
Whistle Down the Wind, directed by Bryan Forbes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Guns Of August by Barbara W. Tuchman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1962 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Nawal El Moutawakel: Morrocan hurdler.
- Surjit Bindrakhia: Punjabi artist (Born 1962).
- Nawal Moutawakel: Moroccan hurdler.
- Tom Kane: American voice actor and singer.
- US national debt above US$300,000,000,000.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Ketty Lester - Love Letters
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Connie Francis - Don't Break The Heart That Loves You
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?