Saturday 28 April 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Evguenni Rochtchin and Didier Raboutou.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley.
In UK Wonderful Land by The Shadows was in the top 5 hits.
War Hunt, directed by Denis Sanders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Tonight Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1962 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - Good Luck Charm
- Shelley Fabares - Johnny Angel
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Chubby Checker - Slow Twistin'
- Rick Nelson - Young World
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Clyde McPhatter - Lover Please
- Joey Dee and the Starliters - Shout - Part 1
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Twist, Twist Senora
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?