Monday 9 December 2002
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kendall Vertes .
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word by Blue featuring Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Catch Me If You Can, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while A Long Way From Home by Tom Brokaw was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Love the '80s.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disney Sports Skateboarding or Earth & Beyond.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 2002!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 9 December 2002 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- United Airlines, the second largest airline in the world, files under the United States Bankruptcy Code Chapter 11.
- United Airlines, the second largest airline in the world, files for bankruptcy.
- ''Sports Illustrated'' magazine announces that cyclist Lance Armstrong is their Sportsman of the Year.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 9 December 2002
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Karlsruhe - Freiburg : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Sunderland - Man City : 0 - 3
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Triestina - Napoli : 2 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Gil Vicente - Guimaraes : 0 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?