Thursday 26 December 2002
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eve Clone and McKenzie Morales.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Irreversible, directed by Gaspar No, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Reversible Errors by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Towards the Republic.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dual Blades or Drakan: The Ancients' Gates.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 2002!
Which were the important events of 26 December 2002 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Eve Clone: European first human cloned birth, a healthy female born C-section as the mother had a prior child that way.
- McKenzie Morales: Dancer.
- North Korea is reactivating a plutonium producing nuclear power plant north of Pyongyang after removing United Nations seals on the reactor and degrading the capability of surveillance cameras. This same reactor is thought by U.S. officials as the source for plutonium for two previously produced atomic bombs. North Korea has been named by the George W. Bush Administration as part of the so-called ampquotaxis of evilampquot.
- War on Terrorism: A Washington Post article quotes numerous anonymous CIA agents who confirm that the Central Intelligence Agency of the United States uses so-called ampquotstress and duressampquot interrogation techniques, which are claimed by human rights activists to be acts of torture. The anonymous agents defend the practice as necessary in light of the September 11 terrorist attacks publicly, US government officials deny the charges, while declining to address specifics. Privately,
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israel announces it will begin with temporarily providing social services such as education, healthcare, and licenses in the West Bank. The Israeli government claims the move is necessary to provide badly needed services to the Palestinian people in light of the Palestinian Authority's inability to do so. Palestinian officials claim the move is an attempt to undermine the legitimacy of the Palestinian Authority and tantamount to the reinstatement of the Israeli
- A 55-year-old contractor from Putnam County, West Virginia named Andrew ampquotJackampquot Whittaker Jr won the Christmas Day Powerball jackpot which is the biggest undivided lottery prize in American history.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 26 December 2002
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Bradford - Stoke : 4 - 2
- Burnley - Wolves : 2 - 1
- Coventry - Reading : 2 - 0
- Derby - Grimsby : 1 - 3
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Bristol City - Plymouth : 0 - 0
- Cheltenham - Crewe : 0 - 4
- Colchester - Peterboro : 1 - 1
- Huddersfield - Tranmere : 1 - 2
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Boston - York : 3 - 0
- Cambridge - Southend : 1 - 1
- Carlisle - Darlington : 2 - 2
- Hull - Hartlepool : 2 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Birmingham - Everton : 1 - 1
- Bolton - Newcastle : 4 - 3
- Celtic - Hearts : 4 - 2
- Chelsea - Southampton : 0 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?