Monday 23 December 2002
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Lose Yourself by Eminem.
In UK Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum) by Cheeky Girls was in the top 5 hits.
Drunken Master, directed by Woo-ping Yuen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Let Freedom Ring by Sean Hannity was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching I Love the '80s.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon or Carnivores Cityscape.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 2002!
Which were the important events of 23 December 2002 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 23 December
- A MQ-1 Predator is shot down by an Iraqi MiG-25, making it the first time in history that an aircraft and an unmanned drone had engaged in combat.
- Bill Frist was voted to succeed Trent Lott as United States Senate Majority Leader.
- Scientists at California company VaxGen Inc., have finished the first human trial of an AIDS vaccine, a mammoth , 5,400-patient effort more than a decade in the making. The Food and Drug Administration has granted the vaccine ampquotfast-trackampquot status that would speed it through the approval process, if it proves effective, for public availability. The test results are expected to be made public within approximately three months.
- The British musician Joe Strummer has died of a heart attack, aged 50. His death made the top news story in a number of British news sources.
- Victor Emmanuel, Prince of Naples, the heir of the last King of Italy, visited the country for the first time since the Italian Royal Family was banned. A constitutional amendment passed in November allowed the royal family to return as ordinary citizens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?