Tuesday January 9, 1979
This day in 30 sec.
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1979). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lavinia Magruder and Athanassios Prittas.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
Ernesto, directed by Salvatore Samperi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Ann Landers Encyclopedia A To Z by Ann Landers was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Danger UXB.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Apple Trek or Radar Scope.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1979
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1979!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1979 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Lavinia Magruder: Miss Vermont Teen-USA (1996).
- Athanassios Prittas: Greek footballer.
- Tomiko Van: Japanese singer-songwriter and actress (Do As Infinity).
- Supreme Court strikes down (6-3) PA law requiring doctors performing an abortion to try to preserve lives of potentially viable fetuses
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to WS Merwin.
- High-school basketball player Daryl Moreau makes 126th consecutive free throw.
- US Supreme Court strikes down (6-3) Pennsylvania law requiring doctors performing an abortion to try to preserve lives of potentially viable fetuses.
- The ''Music for UNICEF Concert'' is held at the United Nations General Assembly to raise money for UNICEF and promote the Year of the Child. It is broadcast the following day in the United States and around the world. Hosted by The Bee Gees, other performers include Donna Summer, ABBA, Rod Stewart and Earth, Wind amp Fire. A soundtrack album is later released.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #11 R&B songs
- Earth, Wind & Fire - September
- Cheryl Lynn - Got To Be Real
- Gene Chandler - Get Down
- Chic - Le Freak
- Peabo Bryson - I'm So Into You
- Bobby Caldwell - What You Won't Do For Love
- Evelyn "Champagne" King - I Don't Know If It's Right
- ADC Band - Long Stroke
- Parliament - Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop)
- Rose Royce - Love Don't Live Here Anymore
- Village People - Y.M.C.A.
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?