Wednesday January 09, 2019
US date format: 1/9/2019, UK date format: 9/1/2019
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on January 9, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
Kung Fu Masters 3, directed by Chi Tian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Verses for the Dead by Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching American Style.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 09, 2019?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- See more
- Remnants of a Dassault Mirage 2000D fighter jet are found in Jura, France, after the aircraft with two pilots onboard disappeared from radar. (France Info)
- Diplomatic offices in Melbourne, Australia, are evacuated after suspicious packages were found. (Reuters)
- Former Israeli minister Gonen Segev pleads guilty to spying for Iran, in exchange for an 11-year prison sentence. (Reuters)
- German prosecutors say, based on CCTV images, that most of AfD politician Frank Magnitz's injuries yesterday may have been sustained as he hit the ground after having been elbowed once by three people and falling over. Magnitz says the attack may have been an attempted robbery. (Deutsche Welle)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- 40 Million Watched Trump’s Prime-Time Address on TV Critics had questioned why networks agreed to air the president. While viewership was robust, it fell short of last year’s State of the Union address. [..]
- CES 2019: It’s the Year of Virtual Assistants and 5G A visual tour of the world’s most important tech conference offers a window into the year’s trends, including next-generation wireless networks and the invasion of A.I. [..]
- See all financial news of January 09, 2019