Wednesday June 09, 1999
US date format: 6/9/1999, UK date format: 9/6/1999
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 9, 1999). The US president was Bill Clinton (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to If You Had My Love by Jennifer Lopez.
In UK Sweet Like Chocolate by Shanks & Bigfoot was in the top 5 hits.
Crane World, directed by Pablo Trapero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1999
while I Ain'T Got Time To Bleed by Jesse Ventura was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Unzipped.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cool Boarders 4 or Beatmania IIDX 2nd Style.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 09, 1999?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- See more
- Kosovo War: the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia and NATO sign a peace treaty.
- An underground pipeline leaks 237,000 gallons (897,000 liters) of gasoline before exploding at Whatcom Falls Park in Bellingham, Washington, killing one adult and two children.
- Texas Governor George W. Bush announces he will seek the Republican Party nomination for President of the United States.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 09, 1999?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Sport Games on June 09, 1999
- New York Knicks - Indiana Pacers : 101 - 94
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1999?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $79.69
- Apple AAPL: opens at $47.44
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $80.12
- General Electric GE: opens at $102.31
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $116.62