Thursday 9 June 1983
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Firas Al Khatib and Firas Al-Khatib.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK Every Breath You Take by The Police was in the top 5 hits.
Octopussy, directed by John Glen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Consultant.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Android 2 or Felix and the Fruit Monsters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1983 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Firas Al Khatib: Syrian football player.
- Firas Al-Khatib: Syrian footballer.
- Alektra Blue: American porn actress and model.
- Erin Cafaro: American rower.
- Josh Cribbs: American football player.
- Dwayne Jones: American basketball player
- Marina Lizorkina: Russian singer and dancer (Serebro)
- Danny Richar: Dominican-American baseball player
- Jim Tang: Hong Kong actor
- Alex Templeton-Ward: English singer-songwriter bass player and poet
- Theodora: Princess Theodora of Greece and Denmark
- 56th National Spelling Bee: Blake Giddens wins spelling purim
- M Thatchers Conservative Party wins British parliamentary election
- Britain's Conservative government, led by Margaret Thatcher, is re-elected by a landslide majority. BBC ON THIS DAY | 9 | 1983: Thatcher wins landslide victory!-- Bot generated title --
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 June 1983
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Naked Eyes - Always Something There To Remind Me
- Styx - Don't Let It End
- Rick Springfield - Affair Of The Heart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?