Saturday 9 November 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Jones and Jeff Brady.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Yellow Submarine, directed by George Dunning, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1968 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- David Jones: WLAF tight end (Amsterdam Admirals).
- Jeff Brady: NFL linebacker (Minn Vikings).
- Georg Comploi: Italian athlete, an ice hockey player who played for the Italian squads in the 1998 and 1999 World Championship games.
- Josef Polig: Italian championship Alpine skier, the winner of a Gold Medal at the Albertville Olympics February 1992.
- Nazzareno Carusi: Italian pianist and educator.
- Colin Hay: English political scientist author and academic
- Jan Johansson: Swedish jazz pianist (Born 1931).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 November 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Cream - White Room
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- The Turtles - Elenore
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?