Friday 1 November 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Dafney and Kent Graham.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Hey Jude by The Beatles.
In UK Those Were The Days by Mary Hopkin was in the top 5 hits.
Head, directed by Bob Rafelson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Case Against Congress by Drew Pearson and Jack Anderson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Alles dreht sich um Michael.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1968 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Bernard Dafney: NFL tackle (Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens).
- Kent Graham: NFL quarterback (Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals).
- Géraldine Danon: French actress, singer and writer.
- Silvio Fauner: Italian skier in the International Olympic games in Nagano, Japan February 2/18/1998, winner of a Bronze Medal.
- Park Shin-yang: South Korean actor.
- Detroit Tiger Denny McLain unanimously wins AL Cy Young Award
- Motion Picture Association of America introduces rating system (G, M, R, X)
- University of Suriname opens
- US pro soccer 14 teams merge into one all star team.
- The Motion Picture Association of America's film rating system is officially introduced, originating with the ratings G, M, R, and X.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- O.C. Smith - Little Green Apples
- The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown - Fire
- The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
- The Turtles - Elenore
- Gary Puckett - Over You
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Cream - White Room
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?