Friday 29 November 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dee Brown and Jiri Veber.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Love Child by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK The Good, The Bad And The Ugly by Hugo Montenegro was in the top 5 hits.
Skidoo, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Das Ferienschiff.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 November 1968!
Which were the important events of 29 November 1968 ?
- former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Republic Day
- International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People
- Israel - Kaftet be-November (commemoration of the U.N. decision in 1947 to partition Palestine)
- Albania - Liberation Day (Dita e �lirimit)
- Brendan of Birr or Brendan the Younger
- Saint Cuthbert Mayne, martyr
- Feast days of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Saturnin
- Denis of the Nativity and Redemptus of the Cross
- Dee Brown: NBA guard (Boston Celtics).
- Jiri Veber: Kladno, Czechoslovakia -- Hockey (Team Czech Rep).
- Pedro A Martinez: Villa Mella, Dominican Republic -- Pitcher (NY Mets).
- Peter Gross-Pass: WLAF defensive linebacker (Rhein Fire).
- T J Rubley: WLAF quarterback (Rhein Fire).
- Howard K Stern: American attorney and reality TV personality
- Jonathan Knight: American musician and member of "New Kids on the Block," a manufactured group of young superstars. They have been on the road since 1979 with a hectic schedule of performances and living in hotel rooms.
- Howard Stern: American attorney who enjoyed some fame as lover and lawyer of Anna Nicole Smith. Although the attention-seeking couple exchanged vows in the Bahamas on September 28, 2006 their marriage was never legally accepted. He allegedly was in the hospital room when her son died.
- Dany Garcia: Film Producer
- Jonathan Knight-Rodriguez: Pop Singer
- John andYoko release their 1st album Two Virgins in the UK
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 November 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Cream - White Room
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?