Wednesday November 09, 2005
US date format: 11/9/2005, UK date format: 9/11/2005
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see zodiac on November 9, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Beckett O'Brien .
In that special week of November people in US were listening to Gold Digger by Kanye West.
In UK You Raise Me Up by Westlife was in the top 5 hits.
Survival Island, directed by Stewart Raffill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while Predator by Patricia Cornwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wild Country.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead or Alive 4 or Æon Flux.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 09, 2005?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- See more
- The Venus Express mission of the European Space Agency is launched from the Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
- Suicide bombers attacked three hotels in Amman, Jordan, killing at least 60 people.
- Facing the world's highest HIV infection rate, Swaziland is drafting a Sexual Offences and Domestic Violence Bill proposing the death penalty for child rape, incest and the intentional transmission of HIV. Amnesty International later expresses concern.
- Amir Peretz is elected leader of the Israeli Labor Party, narrowly defeating the incumbent, Shimon Peres. (BBC)
- See more
American child of noted father, TV...
Indian politician and President of India...
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 09, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #5 R&B songs
Sport Games on November 09, 2005
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Lokeren - Lierse : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Sheffield Weds - Cardiff : 1 - 3
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $57.37
- Apple AAPL: opens at $60.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $26.98
- General Electric GE: opens at $33.85
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $82.71
- 1 USD = 117.5 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1867 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3104 CHF
- 1 USD = 8.0867 CNY
- 1 EUR = 138.19 JPY
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on November 09, 2005?
On November 09, 2005 the day of the week was Wednesday.
What zodiac sign is November 09, 2005?
On November 09, 2005 the zodiac sign was Scorpio.
Who was the US President on November 09, 2005?
On November 09, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on November 09, 2005?
On November 09, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on November 09, 2005?
On November 09, 2005 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people are born on November 09, 2005?
On November 09, 2005 several famous people were born including, Beckett O'Brien.
Which famous people died on November 09, 2005?
Famous people died on November 09, 2005 include, K R Narayanan.
What was the number one song in November 09, 2005?
The number one song in the week of November 09, 2005 was Gold Digger by Kanye West in US and You Raise Me Up by Westlife in UK.
What were the top hits on November 09, 2005?
The top hits on November 09, 2005 were Gold Digger by Kanye West, Run It! by Chris Brown, My Humps by The Black Eyed Peas in US and You Raise Me Up by Westlife, Hung Up by Madonna, I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor by Arctic Monkeys in UK.