Monday 9 October 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Frank in Spokane and Brian Downing.
Harvey, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1950 ?
- Gary Frank in Spokane: Washington, USA; actor (Sons and Daughters, Family).
- Brian Downing: American baseball player.
- Yoshiyuki Konishi: Japanese fashion designer.
- Reichi Nakaido: Japanese singer and guitarist (RC Succession).
- Jody Williams: American teacher and aid worker, recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- George Hainsworth: Canadian ice hockey player and politician (d. 1950).
- Goyang Geumjeong Cave Massacre started.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 October 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Harbor Lights - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Mr. Touchdown, U.S.A. - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- All My Love (Bolero) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?