Wednesday 11 October 1950
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Andrew Woolfolk and Catlin Adams in Los Angeles.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Look Younger, Live Longer by Gayelord Hauser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somerset Maugham TV Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 October 1950 ?
- Andrew Woolfolk: US pop musician (Earth, Wind & Fire - Shining Star).
- Catlin Adams in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (Ms Loomis - Square Pegs).
- Thomas J Tauke: (Rep-R-Iowa, 1979- ).
- Rene Bond: American porn actress (d. 1996).
- William Forstchen: American historian and author.
- Amos Gitai: Actor (Neo-Fascist Trilogy, Golem, Arena of Murder)
- Patty Murray: American politician, senior senator of Washington
- Robert Pugh: Welsh actor and screenwriter
- Television: CBS's mechanical color system is the first to be licensed for broadcast by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- The second Tacoma Narrows Bridge opens.
- In East Germany, the Communists win 99.7% of the vote.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Harbor Lights - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Mr. Touchdown, U.S.A. - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
- All My Love (Bolero) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?