Tuesday 24 October 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Buffin and Miroslav Sladek.
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Jack Benny Program.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1950 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Terry Buffin: Rock drummer (British Lions).
- Miroslav Sladek: Czech politician.
- May Pang: Chinese-American private secretary and assistant to John Lennon and Yoko Ono in 1970.
- Asa Hartford: .
- Iggy Arroyo: Filipino lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- Karen Austin: American actress
- Pablove Black: Jamaican singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer
- Rawly Eastwick: American baseball player
- Steven Greenberg: American singer-songwriter and producer (Lipps Inc.)
- Tom Myers: American football player
- Miguel Pichetto: Argentinian lawyer and politician
- Miroslav Sládek: Czech politician
- Gabriella Sica: Italian poet and author
- Maria Teschler-Nicola: Austrian biologist anthropologist and ethnologist
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 October 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Perry Como & Betty Hutton - A Bushel and a Peck
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love With You) - Ray Anthony
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?