Sunday 1 October 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Boris Vladimirovich Morukov and Randy Quaid in Houston.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Frank Sinatra Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1950 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Boris Vladimirovich Morukov: Russian Cosmonaut.
- Randy Quaid in Houston: Texas, USA; actor (Midnight Express, Vacation, Saturday Night Live).
- Christophe: French ecclesiastic, a Trappist monk.
- Jeane Manson: American model, singer, and actress, living in France.
- Luigino Negro: Italian neurosurgeon who worked for ten years without ever having passed any medical exams or having any degree.
- Elpida : Greek singer (Sokrati, Tora Zo)
- Susan Greenfield: Baroness Greenfield English neuroscientist academic and politician
- Mark Helias: American bassist and composer
- Sigbjørn Johnsen: Norwegian politician Norwegian Minister of Finance
- Boris Morukov: Russian physician and astronaut (d. 2015)
- Natalia Nogulich: American actress
- Randy Quaid: American actor and producer
- Browns lose to Giants, setting club record for fewest points scored by both teams (tied in 1979), New York 6, Cleveland 0
- Phillies win NL pennant on last day of season (10th inning HR)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?