Friday 13 October 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annegret Richter-Irrang and Ellen Brusse [Elizabeth Wenmakers].
Dark City, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Look Younger, Live Longer by Gayelord Hauser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somerset Maugham TV Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 13 October 1950 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Annegret Richter-Irrang: German FR, sprinter (1972 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Ellen Brusse [Elizabeth Wenmakers]: Dutch TV hostess.
- Mollie Katzen: American chef and author.
- Simon Nicol: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Fairport Convention and The Albion Band).
- Ernest Haycox: American writer (Born 1899).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1950 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- All My Love (Bolero) - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Harbor Lights - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
- Mr. Touchdown, U.S.A. - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?