Thursday 5 October 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Conway in New York City and Edward P Jones.
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 October 1950!
Which were the important events of 5 October 1950 ?
- Jeff Conway in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Bobby - Taxi).
- Edward P Jones: American writer.
- Jeff Conaway: American actor from age ten in the Broadway production of "All the Way Home.
- David Conn: American attorney, the lead prosecutor of both Menendez boys, Eric and Lyle, who were tried together at their second trial, 1995.
- Eddie Clarke: English guitarist (Motörhead and Fastway).
- Mari Henmi: Japanese singer and actress
- Edward Jones: American author and academic
- James Rizzi: American painter and illustrator (d. 2011)
- Frederic Lewy: German neurologist (Born 1885).
- Pardon Our French opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 100 performances
- The Indonesian government quells riots in the Moluccas.
- The 1950-1951 invasion of Tibet by People's Republic of China begins.
- The Agate Pass Bridge opens for traffic in Washington State.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 5 October 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?