Sunday 9 September 2007US date format: 9/9/2007, UK date format: 9/9/2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 9, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Big Girls Don't Cry by Fergie.
In UK Beautiful Girls by Sean Kingston was in the top 5 hits.
Elizabeth: The Golden Age, directed by Shekhar Kapur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Black Swan by Nassim Nicholas Taleb was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Out of Jimmy's Head.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cooking Mama: Cook Off or The Witcher.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 September 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 2007!
Which were the important events of 9 September 2007 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 09 September
- The APEC summit draws to a close with most leaders preparing to leave and the President of the United States George W. Bush having left. (ABC News Australia)
- APEC Australia 2007:: The APEC summit draws to a close with most leaders preparing to leave and the President of the United States George W. Bush having left. (ABC News Australia)The Prime Minister of Australia John Howard meets with the Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe to discuss security and climate change. (Times of India)
- Pakistan: Pakistan's airports are placed on the highest alert due to concerns over an imminent terrorist threat. (BBC)Former Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif boards a Pakistan International Airlines flight from London to Islamabad with his return likely to provoke a confrontation with the President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf. (ABC News Australia)Sharif's Pakistan Muslim League (N) claims that 2,000 of its members have been arrested prior to his return. (BBC)
- A landslide in West Bengal, India kills seven people; over 500 houses buried or damaged.
- Former leader of Panama Manuel Noriega finishes 15 years in Miami, Florida Prison for drug trafficking.
- The Lancet publishes a placebo controlled double blind study linking food additives to hyperactivity. ( Science Daily)
- Kevin Everett of the National Football League's Buffalo Bills suffers a life-threatening spinal cord injury in a game against the Denver Broncos. The surgeon who operated on him says Monday Everett is unlikely to walk again, assuming he survives. ( AP via Yahoo)
- A lorry carrying dynamite crashes and explodes near Sacramento in the Mexican state of Coahuila scores of people are injured and 37 are killed, including three local reporters covering the story. (BBC)
- South African police arrest Helen Zille, the leader of the Democratic Party and Mayor of Cape Town, while she was taking part in an anti-drug protest at the Cape Flats slum area. (AP)
- An earthquake of 6.8 magnitude hits near the north coast of Colombia. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Israeli police arrest eight men originally from the former Soviet Union accused of forming a neo-Nazi cell. (Scotsman)
- 2007 U.S. Open: Roger Federer of Switzerland defeats Novak Đoković in the final of the men's singles in straight sets 7-6 (7-4), 7-6 (7-2), 6-4. (Bloomberg)
- Five thousand Algerians protest in Algiers after two recent suicide bomb attacks. (Reuters)
- Voters in Guatemala go to the polls in the Guatemalan general election, 2007. (AFP)
- Jamaican Asafa Powell set a new men's world 100 meters record of 9.74 seconds at the IAAF Grand Prix at Rieti, Italy. (AP)
- At least 15 dead and many injured when a flyover under construction at Panjagutta junction, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India collapsed. Wikinews
- The President of Afghanistan Hamid Karzai is forced to cut short a speech in Kabul after gunfire is heard outside. (Reuters)
- Pakistan's airports are placed on the highest alert due to concerns over an imminent terrorist threat. (BBC)
- Former Prime Minister of Pakistan Nawaz Sharif boards a Pakistan International Airlines flight from London to Islamabad with his return likely to provoke a confrontation with the President of Pakistan Pervez Musharraf. (ABC News Australia)
Sport Games on 9 September 2007
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Cadiz - Salamanca : 1 - 0
- Ferrol - Las Palmas : 3 - 1
- Hercules - Albacete : 2 - 0
- Numancia - Xerez : 2 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Swindon - Yeovil : 0 - 1
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Peterboro - Mansfield : 2 - 1
- Wycombe - Brentford : 1 - 0
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Albinoleffe - Grosseto : 2 - 1
- Ascoli - Rimini : 0 - 0
- Bari - Vicenza : 2 - 0
- Bologna - Ravenna : 2 - 1
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in September 2007?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Let It Go - Keyshia Cole Featuring Missy Elliott & Lil Kim
- J. Holiday - Bed
- Shawty - Plies Featuring T-Pain
- When I See U - Fantasia
- teachme - Musiq Soulchild
- Crank That (Soulja Boy) - Soulja Boy Tell'em
- Make Me Better - Fabolous Featuring Ne-Yo
- Ne-Yo - Do You
- Until The End Of Time - Justin Timberlake Duet With Beyonce
- Bartender - T-Pain Featuring Akon
Top #10 Latin songs
- Gloria Estefan - No Llores
- Dimelo - Enrique Iglesias
- Aventura - Mi Corazoncito
- Basta Ya - Conjunto Primavera
- De Ti Exclusivo - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Ella Me Levanto - Daddy Yankee
- Lagrimas Del Corazon - Grupo Montez de Durango
- Cuisillos - Mil Heridas
- Camila - Todo Cambio
- No Te Veo - Casa De Leones
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?